Please note that the examples described in this AUP are not exhaustive We may modify this AUP at any time by posting a revised version on the Web Hosting Magic Site.
By using the Service or accessing the Web Hosting Magic Site, you agree to the latest version of this AUP. If you violate the AUP or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Service.
This AUP is incorporated by reference in your Agreement with Web Hosting Magic. Inquiries regarding this AUP should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Service or Web Hosting Magic Site for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities: Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography or otherwise unlawfully exploits persons under 18 years of age.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities: Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content: Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content: Content that is defamatory, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content: Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancel-bots.
- Violent Content: Publishing, transmitting or storing any content or links to any content that is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a person's safety or health, or public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement.
- Deceptive Content: Content that is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction.
Web Hosting Magic reserves the right to take all actions it deems appropriate to comply with applicable laws.
Moreover, you agree not to, and not to allow third parties to use the Services:
- to violate, or encourage the violation of, the legal rights of others (for example, this may include allowing Customer End Users to infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act);
- to engage in, promote or encourage illegal activity;
- for any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purpose (for example, this may include phishing, creating a pyramid scheme or mirroring a website);
- to intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- to interfere with the use of the Services, or the equipment used to provide the Services, by customers, authorized resellers, or other authorized users;
- to disable, interfere with or circumvent any aspect of the Services;
- to generate, distribute, publish or facilitate unsolicited mass email, promotions, advertisings or other solicitations (“spam”); or
- to use the Services, or any interfaces provided with the Services, to access any other Web Hosting Magic product or service in a manner that violates the terms of service of such other Web Hosting Magic products or services.
No Security Violations
You will not use the Service to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a "System").
Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access: Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception: Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin: Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous re-mailers.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them.
Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling: Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Unauthorized Access: Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the System.
- Deceitful Actions: Introducing intentionally, knowingly or recklessly, any virus or other contaminating code into the Service; Collecting or using information, including email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit, (such as phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting).
- Deceptive Information: Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Covert Usage: Distributing software that covertly gathers or transmits information about a user.
- Denial of Service (DoS): Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference: Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services: Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions: Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
- Retaliation Against Web Hosting Magic: Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Web Hosting Magic System or website, or Web Hosting Magic's employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a DoS.
- Withholding Identity: Any activity intended to withhold or cloak identity or contact information, including the omission, deletion, forgery or misreporting of any transmission or identification information, such as return mailing and IP addresses.
- Spam: Any action which directly or indirectly results in any of our IP space being listed on any abuse database (i.e. Spamhaus.
- Illegal Activities: Any action that is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Web Hosting Magic.
Responsibility for Content: Web Hosting Magic takes no responsibility for any material created or accessible on or through the Services and will not exercise any editorial control over such material. Web Hosting Magic is not obligated to monitor such material, but reserves the right to do so.
You are responsible to ensure that use of the Service and content is in compliance with all applicable laws, including laws where the Service or content is uploaded, hosted, stored, accessed or used and to implement necessary restrictions to prohibit use by any individual (e.g. restrictions on access by minors) or in any jurisdiction, as required to comply with such laws.
Cooperation with Investigations and Legal Proceedings
If we are legally required to permit any relevant authority to inspect your content or traffic, you agree we can do so; provided however that, where possible without breaching any legal or regulatory requirement, we give you reasonable prior notice of such requirement.
We may, without notice to you, report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that we believe violates applicable law, and provide any information we have about you, or your users or your traffic and cooperate in response to a formal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency investigating any such activity, or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
Excessive Use of Shared System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by Web Hosting Magic in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. For example, we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your cloud-hosted code if it unnecessarily conflicts with other cloud customers’ use of the cloud. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers' data that is stored on the same system.
Last updated on Jan. 20th, 2020